Cortagen is a synthetic tetrapeptide with the sequence L-Ala-L-Glu-L-Asp-L-Pro. It has been studied for its potential to activate brain reparative processes, cerebroprotective activity, and nootropic effects. This peptide is suggested for various routes of administration, including parenteral, intranasal, and oral.
Research suggests that the recommended dosage for Cortagen is 10 micrograms per kilogram of body weight. For example, weighing around 100 kg, you would use approximately 1 mg daily.
Potential Benefits for Research
Neuroprotection and Brain Repair
- Cortagen has shown promise in aiding peripheral nerve tissue’s structural and functional recovery.
- It may stimulate the operational activity of neurons, making it a subject of interest for neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Studies indicate that Cortagen may improve memory, attention, and intellectual capabilities.
- It has been found to have anxiolytic effects, potentially reducing anxiety-related behaviour.
- Cortagen may normalize metabolic processes in neurons, which could benefit brain health.
- It has been shown to stimulate antioxidation defence parameters.
Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Effects
- Some research suggests that Cortagen could impact cardiovascular and cerebrovascular measures, although this area needs further study.
Treatment and Prevention of Various Conditions
- Cortagen is being researched for its potential in treating and preventing a wide range of cerebral and spinal conditions, from traumatic injuries to degenerative diseases.
Cortagen offers a wide array of potential benefits for research, particularly in the fields of neuroprotection, cognitive enhancement, and metabolic regulation. While more studies are needed to confirm these effects, the peptide holds promise as a subject for further research.