WHAT IS TB-500
TB-500 is a synthetic fraction of the protein thymosin beta-4, which is present in virtually all human and animal cells. The main purpose of this peptide is to promote healing. It also promotes creation of new blood and muscle cells. The healing effects of TB-500 have been observed in tendons, ligaments, muscle, skin, heart, and the eyes. Thymosin beta-4 is naturally produced in higher concentration where tissue has been damaged. This peptide is also a very potent anti-inflamatory agent.
One of TB-500 key mechanisms of action is its ability to regulate the cell-building protein – Actin. Of the thousands of proteins present within human cells, actin represents roughly 10% of the total. It is thus a vital component of cell structure and movement.
Thymosin Beta-4 is a protein which consists of 43 amino acids and is encoded by the gene TMSB4X in the human body. It has been studies in numerous clinical trials. Research has shown that if the thymosin beta-4 peptide is used after a heart attack it can reactivate cardiac progenitor cells to repair damaged heart tissue.
Effects of TB-500 are dosage dependent and usually become noticeable within days. For some people it takes up to 4 weeks. Individuals may respond to the therapy differently, however some effects are generally observed by most people.
Desirable effects of TB-500:
- differentiation of endothelial cells (blood and lymphatic vessels)
- growth of new blood cells
- keratinocyte migration
- collagen deposition
- decreases inflammation in various tissue types
- decreased inflamation in joints
- increase muscle growth
- increases in endurance and strength
- relaxed muscle spasm and improved muscle tone
- repair damaged heart tissue following a heart attack
- healing of ulcers and lesions (including stomach and intestinal ulcers)
- increased exchange of substance between cells
- overall tissue repair
- faster healing of wounds
- repair of tendons and ligaments
- improved flexibility of joints
- prevents the formations of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons and ligaments
- promotes hair growth
- protects and restores neurons after brain injury
Side effects of TB-500 (Thymosin beta 4):
There have been no reported side effects during the past few years since TB-500 became popular by athletes. For some reason people expect the TB-500 to produce flu-like symptoms. After thorough research through every Thymosin beta-4 related usage log on bodybuilding forums, there are simply no reports to confirm any side effects.