Important Things to Know About CBD Oil Dosages
1) Every Person is Different and May Require a Different Dosage
If you’ve been following the articles on our site, then you have probably heard of the endocannabinoid system. This is a unique system in our body that’s responsible for improvement and maintenance of our mental and physical health. CBD can help to regulate that system by binding to different receptors located within that system. Those receptors are referred to as CB1 and CB2. The endocannabinoid system is extremely complex and far from understood, leaving researchers trying to determine whether or not the CBD directly or indirectly effects those receptors and exactly what role they play in affecting ones’ health.
While the exact way they affect our system still remains a mystery to most researchers, what we do know is that every person has a different endocannabinoid system, and therefore while the instructions on a CBD oils’ bottle may be informative and clear, the standard dosing may affect two different people in completely different ways.
2) Genetics, Tolerance and General Health
If you accept the fact that everyone is different, then you can understand that everyone has his/her own genetics, tolerance, and general health. There are those that suffer from severe debilitating conditions and others that are only looking to cure their day to day anxiety. Each person has their own reasons and genetics, tolerance and general health, definitely, come into play. It cannot be expected that someone who is in the prime of their game, from a health perspective, will require the same dosage as someone who has severe medical issues.
3) It’s Not a Miracle Cure
Whether the right dosage of CBD will work for your body or not, it’s important to understand that CBD oil is not a miracle cure. Don’t expect to take a few drops and, Voilà, you’re cured. The effects of CBD oil are not instant, and people constantly make the same mistake. They use CBD for a short period, expecting it to cure them instantly, and when it doesn’t work, they complain, asking for a refund. CBD can take time to work and similar to your health issues, it won’t happen overnight. The key is finding the right dosage.
The Standard CBD Oil Dosage Manual
Now, remember, this guide is a general one, and it is extremely important to read the dosage instructions on the CBD oil you are taking. Furthermore, it is always best to contact the CBD oil company to ask them the right dosage for your medical condition. With that said, there are a few common dosage guidelines:
- Start by taking one drop on the first day. It’s important to see how you feel as everyone reacts differently. It may even cause you irritation, and therefore it’s important to stop.
- If all goes well, increase the amount to 2 drops per day for the first 3-4 weeks. This is the testing period to see if it is helping any of your symptoms.
- Spread the drops throughout the day. For example, take one in the morning and one in the evening.
- If you don’t experience any change, then increase at a slow rate and see how you feel. With each person, it is a question of finding the right dosage.
Remember that you need to put the drops under your tongue and let them take effect for 30 seconds.
Numerous sites state the following dosage guidelines when using CBD orally:
- General Health: 2.5-15mg CBD
- Chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD